A LEGAL GUIDE FOR LESBIAN & GAY COUPLESBook - 2018
Provides legal information to help same-sex couples exercise their rights and make sound decisions together. Original. Charts. Tables. Graphs. Forms.
Ingram Publishing Services
Protect yourself and your loved one with sound legal planning
Gay and lesbian couples have gained a lot of legal ground in recent years. Although same-sex marriage is legal across the U.S., laws governing civil unions and domestic partnerships continue to vary from state to state.
It’s still important to define your relationship in the eyes of the law—and A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples can help. This plain-English guide shows you how to:
- have and raise children through adoption, donors, surrogacy, or foster parenting
- jointly buy a house or other property
- make decisions about living together, marrying, or registering as legal partners
- make a will or living trust
- make medical decisions for each other, and
- deal with the end of a relationship.
The 19th edition is completely revised to provide the latest on same-sex relationships and parentage laws.
This book is for LGBT couples who want to know how to legally define and protect their relationships, especially those couples who are not quite ready to get married, or who are in a civil union or domestic partnership.