The Missing ManualBook - 2010
Explains how to use QuickBooks to set-up and manage bookkeeping systems, track invoices, pay bills, manage payroll, generate reports, and determine job costs.
Covering Quicken for Windows, the author of other books in the "Missing Manual" series explains new features in Quicken 2010, QuickBooks products, accounting basics (despite Intuit's claim that such knowledge is not required to use its software), and even situations in which QuickBooks is not the solution to business accounting needs. Biafore covers all aspects of managing a business including budgeting, managing inventory, invoicing, customizing preferences, integrating QuickBooks with other programs, and keeping QuickBooks data secure. The manual includes resources, a companion website, and access to a trial online edition. Annotation ©2010 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
QuickBooks 2010 has impressive features, like financial and tax reporting, invoicing, payroll, time and mileage tracking, and online banking. So how do you avoid spending more time learning the software than using it? This Missing Manual takes you beyond QuickBooks' help resources: you not only learn how the program works, but why and when to use specific features. You also get basic accounting advice so that everything makes sense.
QuickBooks can handle many of the financial tasks small companies face. QuickBooks 2010: The Missing Manual helps you handle QuickBooks with easy step-by-step instructions.
- Set up your QuickBooks files and preferences to fit your company
- Track inventory, control spending, run a payroll, and manage income
- Follow the money all the way from customer invoices to year-end tasks
- Export key snapshots in the convenient new Report Center
- Streamline your workflow with the new Online Banking Center
- Build and monitor budgets to keep your company financially fit
- Share information with your accountant quickly and easily
QuickBooks 2010: The Missing Manual covers only QuickBooks 2010 for Windows.